|Posted on January 4, 2018 at 11:15 AM|
Well, 2018 has come in with record cold weather, over a prolonged period of time. In fact, here in Memphis, TN, day time temperatures has been in the 20's for over two weeks. However, life goes on, right? I decided to give you a few tips to help you maintain the integrity of your skin during this challenging time.
- Drink water, too. We tend to drink more hot beverages that contain caffeine during cold weather. But be aware that caffeine and alcohol have a diuretic effect which can cause dehydration.
- Apply a creamy moisturizer to your skin instead of a lotion. Lotions tend to have more water which evaporates, leaving the skin surface dry. Body Creams that contain shea butter, cocoa butter, or mango butter absorb into the skin, sealing in moisture and providing a protective layer to the skin surface.
- Take care of your lips. Use a lip scrub to remove dead skin. Then apply a lip balm or lip moisturizer frequently to keep them subtle and moist.
- Take care of your feet as well. Cracked feet can be uncomfortable and put your at risk for infection. Before you go to bed, rub your feet with a moisturizing cream and put on clean socks. This will generate warmth and seal in moisture, leaving your feet soft and less vulnerable.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands when you are outdoors. Apply a moisturizing cream to your hands before putting on your gloves.